The Education Aide provides support and services to youth in a classroom setting and works with students that are adjusting for the effects of age, culture, background, experience and developmental status. As a teacher of life skills and behavior management specialist this employee directly supervises students in areas of programming and activities.
Essential Job Duties:
- Supervise students at all times
- Assist students with their academic work and their daily school routine
- Interact with students in ways that are therapeutic, respectful and trauma sensitive
- Utilizes preventative and de-escalation techniques that are consistent with Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI)
- Assist teacher as requested and actively engage with students in the classroom
- Assist students with morning/evening transportation between the cottages and school via agency bus.
- Teaches students living skills such as decision making, personal control, interpersonal communication and problem solving, dressing, grooming and eating
- Instructs and monitors to ensure that the daily routine, structure and habilitative programming is maintained and all related standards are met
- Supervises and assists in transporting students as required
- Manages a clean and safe work environment
- Assists in the planning and implementation of the treatment plan
- Completes all required school and agency paperwork in timely manner and within policy expectations (i.e. IR’s, school logs, attendance, lunch forms, daily behavioral data, etc.)
- Perform any other duties listed on the program specific responsibility checklist assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist students with maintaining & succeeding with individual behavior plans.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: No experience required, but would prefer some experience in the Mental Health field
Meets specific requirements of Work Skills Assessment