A teacher aide assists the teacher in providing quality education in a language- enriched environment. The teacher aide supports the teacher by following his/her lead to teach life skills, socialization skills, and pre-academics to children ages 6 weeks to 5 years, and helps them attain their highest level of personal achievement.
Essential job duties:
- Follows classroom lesson plans (under teacher supervision) and assists with goals established with the team.
- Participates in the regularly scheduled meetings with the teacher/team/supervisor (ie: team meetings, supervision meetings, full faculty meetings and staff development trainings, etc.).
- Prepares any materials needed for the classrooms (ie: educational materials to use during lessons, art projects, cooking lessons, etc.)
- Assists with behavior management programs that are implemented for the class and specific to individual students’ needs
- Assists teacher in keeping the classroom space organized and clean.
- Assists teacher in any record keeping tasks (ie: attendance, goal tracking, injury reports, etc.)
- Performs all other job-related duties as assigned by classroom teacher and/or supervisor
- Follows all safety regulations set forth by BVS, OCFS, and NYSED (in regards to supervision, safety, cleaning, classroom maintenance, etc.)
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma
1 year in Early Childhood or related field, is preferred
Required License/Registration/ Certification: Required to get and maintain NYS Teacher Assistant Certification within 2 years